My resolutions for 2022 haven’t much changed from the year just gone. Gain more coding skills, publish various things I’ve written, reply to emails more frequently, etc.
Following my review of last year I’m not going to dwell on all the things I should have done by now. The main lesson is that I should resolve to conclusively complete or give up on on a lot of long-running projects, including my PhD. Avoid getting stuck on initiatives which aren’t going anywhere.
So, no firm committments, just some things I aspire to do next year:
- Attend the gatherings and congresses of some left-wing groups in Europe.
- Go to Paris to observe the French presidential election, Covid permitting.
- Organise the re-publication of a war diary written by an SOE agent who fought with the Yugoslav partisans.
- Run my own server(s) from my home internet connection.
- Re-read Capital as part of a reading group.
- Get my typing speed up to 90 words per minute.
- Read more comics than last year, and write about the good ones.
I should also learn to drive eventually, but not holding myself to it as it’s been a personal goal for at least four years.